- 2 Янв 2021
There’s a lot of excitement and anticipation around the release of the new Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5. That’s why we’re thrilled to announce that DayZ and DayZ Livonia will be fully playable on both via backward compatibility.
If you own a digital license, the game will be available for download directly from your PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account. You’ll be able to access the game from the Ready to Install section of your Xbox Series X/S, and the Library section on PlayStation 5. Since the savegame is entirely server-side, you’ll be able to jump back into the game exactly where you left off.
Furthermore, the game’s price and availability will remain the same on the old and new generation of consoles. This includes both old and newly acquired licenses.
When it comes to performance, we are still conducting some internal testing, as the results can vary depending on the environment, as well as the player count, base building objects, loot in proximity, or the server performance. However, the first results clearly indicate improvements in general performance (e.g., more steady framerate), in most of the basic scenarios (e.g., roaming a non-crowded area).
To sum up:
- The game will run on the new generation of consoles via backward compatibility mode
- The same license is valid for both generations
- Availability and price of DayZ won’t change
- Game progress is linked to your Xbox Live and PlayStation Network accounts, and will remain the same across both generations
- Xbox One players are playing with Xbox Series X|S players, the server pool is the same for both. Like Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 players are playing together.
Owners of a physical copy of DayZ won't be able to use their disc on a console that doesn't have a disc drive/reader.
On the behalf of the DayZ Team,
Join our Discord: https://discord.com/invite/dayz
View DayZ Merchandise: https://store.bistudio.com/category/dayz-editions
#DayZ #Xbox #PlayStation
Official Site: https://dayz.com/article/general/dayz-on-ps5-xbox-series-x-s
Последнее редактирование модератором: